Jun 26, 2013

5-Minutes Tomato Soup

Sometimes I'm a super lazy gal... On such days I'm even too lethargic to do grocery shopping (shocking I know!). Yesterday was such a day. I couldn't imagine leaving the house after I got home. Instead of doing grocery shopping, I searched my pantry for a decent dinner. I found canned San Marzano tomatoes and I decided that this would be my dinner. Why not making a simple tomato soup? All you need you'll probably find in your pantry and it's done in 5 minutes! It turned out lovely and I'm sure it would be a crowd pleaser! There's a hint of sweetness due to the tomato concentrate but it's perfectly balanced out with the balsamic vinegar. I'm definitely making this soup again!

Here's what you need (for 1 lazy lady or boy)

  • 400 gr (14 ounces) canned (San Marzano) tomatoes 
  • 1 small garlic clove (minced)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp tomato concentrate
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (depending how liquid you like your soup)
  • 1 tsp dried italian herbs
  • some fresh basil (if you have)
  • a few cherry tomatoes (totally optional)
  • salt
  • pepper

Directions:

Pour the olive oil in a small pan and roast the garlic over medium heat until soft and tender (3 minutes). Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, water, dried herbs, tomato concentrate and cook for 2 minutes on high heat (stir constantly). Pour into your blender and blend well. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with some fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and a tiny bit of olive oil. Serve with some toasted baguette and enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Quick and easy sounds good to me.
    xo
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin for stopping by and leave a note! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely too lazy to go grocery shopping 99% of the time I SHOULD be going to the store. Love tomato soup, and it's actually one of my most frequently eaten foods! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet note Kelly :) I'm glad to hear I'm not the only grocery shopping lazy gal out there :)

      Delete
  4. San Marzano tomatoes are the best! I love homemade tomato soup.. and with tomatoes about to start blooming in July, I will definitely be trying out this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamela!! I can only imagine how good this soup will taste with your own homegrown san marzano tomatoes!!
      xox Amy

      Delete
  5. Balsamic Vinegar in tomato soup sounds perfect. I love how easy this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reba :) Balsamic Vinegar really makes the difference!

      Delete
  6. We are both big fans of tomato soup and glad to found your light and delicious version for the summer!
    Cheers,
    J+C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you found it!! Many thanks for leaving such a nice comment!

      Delete
  7. Amy, you certainly made the most of the seasons wonderful tomatoes, your soup sounds awfully delicious and the bright red color is just so very appetizing!And the balsamic vinegar must give a nice balance to your soup. Very nice indeed!
    Have a very lovely Monday with lots of sunshine (finally it seems to be summer)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awfully sweet of you Andrea!!! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  8. It's a hard time believing this takes only 5 minutes! gotta love the quick and easy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! But it's really done in a few minutes :)

      Delete
  9. I love tomato soup and always like trying new recipes. The photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love tomato soups, and you can't beat 5 minutes of preparation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not :) Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Your comments make my day! Thank you...